Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Parrot green and pink :) and courteous Indians

It was a very important ceremony and I had to buy a new outfit. I went around the city and found what I wanted, the colours were maroon with zari.

I was discussing with a friend about the ceremony. He was also supposed to take part in it and we were discussing our outfits over the phone. He asked me what I was planning to wear. I told him that I got a real neat dress with a beautiful combination of parrot green and pink ;) For a few moments, no sound from the other end (well, obviously)

At length he said "mm, well..im sure you will look great in it". When I went on about how pretty the combination of the colour is, his comments were still on the lines of "oh yes, its good" or "it will be nice"

When finally I said "the combo is a bit bright, but it is very colorful..in any case, parrot green and pink is a horrible combination, why cant you just say that?". He blurted out- "but you have bought it, right?". Then I told him that I was just playing a prank on him. I sometimes wonder we Indians are a bit too courteous!, to the point of being misleading! next time my friend says something stupid, i think i will tell her/him slowly that it is what it really is.

Hey, but this is not to offend ppl who do like parrot green and pink combination.
After all, its not all that bad...
I mean, bollywood uses it a lot...
and yes, it sometimes suits some people ..
and..well :D
you know, i am Indian too..

6 comments:

R R R said...

either u r friend shud have visualized u looking gr8 in all colours or he shud be scared to tell u the truth.. ha ha..

btw,more than b'wood,check out tollywood and mr.ramarajan,mr.bhagyaraj of kollywood have been pioneers' in colourful outfits long back in tamil cinema..can we call them as visionaries!?

and yes,indian men(only men) are always courteous..

Alin said...

not necessarily! women are courteous too..and no my friend isnt scared of me!

Anonymous said...

these combinations would look good if we wear it. donkeys dont know garlic smell........ if it is not that dark you will look good in that combination snehu

Alin said...

ok ash, lets test it, y dont u buy me an outfit in that combo ;)

Anonymous said...

sure snehu i would do that :-)

Shobana Koshy Thomas said...

hehehehee.. really liked this post! and i soooo agree!
:) yup! Indians are courteous and we in PR do it ALL the time...
honestly, wldnt be surprised if u really bought a parrot green and pink. ;p (hehehe- kidding!- Shobz PR) [well, actually im not- real shobz]

The long sigh

"Oh thank you my darling" said the gentleman in his hoarse, yet strangely calming voice.  I involuntarily let out a long sigh that...