Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wanna be friends?

Who says we learn from experience? Sometimes, we just end up doing the same things that hurt us over and over again. Then of course, we do it only because we like it. How ironic is that!

In the past few weeks, 6 of my best friends have moved away from town, for different reasons. Actually, no.6 and no.7 are just packing their bags and waiting. The other 5 have already left, each one has his/her own reason.

It was in these few weeks that I realised how dependant my life had been on my friends. I dont mean to say they are my basic needs, but they somehow complete my day. They are an integral part of social life, also giving emotional back up. Being in a different city definitely does not mean that they are not friends anymore, but geography matters. You see what i mean, right? If this girl is sitting in arizona, which is about half the globe away, can i ever catch up with her for coffee at the end of the day?

Just 6 people leaving at the same time has left me thinking in perspectives I had never thought before, such as this- Everytime we make a friend, when we get close to someone, are we just getting ready for another separation and pain. Yes, this sounds a bit far stretched, and yes, this thought will never make me stop making friends. Humans as they say are really social animals. We just cannot live without one another! :)

So people, here I come. I have 6 friends' worth time on my hands after all ;)

4 comments:

R R R said...

friends never pain near or far however it is.,its not friendship if so.,rewinding , we wud have lost a lot of ppl..as human animals, we always realise the value of a person only when they leave which is always late..

cheer up!!

Anonymous said...

i understand ur pain, but almost everyone in the world overcome this trauma. remember it is this which grows you as a person. you develop your wisdom. on the literature part you have really narrated your emotions nicely... keep it up, and hope you get united with your friends often...

asha naren said...

one thing i would like to discuss rrr she already know the value of the person ithink that is why she miss them a lot. but i think we would not miss any one

Shobana Koshy Thomas said...

i can totally identify!!!!!!!!
And yes, I 'wanna be frnds'

The long sigh

"Oh thank you my darling" said the gentleman in his hoarse, yet strangely calming voice.  I involuntarily let out a long sigh that...